Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Chii with Egg Whisk WIP - Part II

Yesterday I needed to take a break from Saber and Sakura, so I decided to start on Chii with Egg Whisk. I did start working on her hair months ago to tell the truth, as it was the only problematic part of the model. If you are interested in seeing how bad it was, you can find it here:

http://stuff-from-misato.blogspot.com/2008/10/asuka-angel-wip-strike-ii-and-while-we.html

It was like the parts were from different models, so much the fit was bad. It took me hours and hours of different kind of putty and a lot of sanding, to get a result that is not even decent in my book. But I can't let a piece of plastic to ruin my life, right? So I went ahead:


And to my surprise, I almost finished it in only one day! If nothing happens, tonight she'll be ready.. though she's supposed to be part of a diorama I'm planning, involving two more figures and a lot of Re-Ment goodies. Problem is, this diorama is growing in my head by the minute, and as it is I already don't know where to display it! ^_^;


So, this is Chii so far:

2 comments:

  1. Nice work. Isn't it sweet when they practically build themselves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! ^_^
    Only the front hair piece left to do, and the egg whisk! Oh, and the sole of her shoes... they are not really visible but I want to paint them as real leather!

    ReplyDelete

<"color:#ff99ff;"><"font-family:trebuchet ms;">