Friday, February 12, 2010

Reorganizing my workstation

Now that "Infect" is done it's time to think about making my workstation more efficient and easy to clean.
This is a very old library that was supposed to go to the dumpster and that my brother salvaged instead to do his own works there. So ruining it has never been an issue really. But the problem is that the old wood got to  a point that it wouldn't come clean anymore, and it would always look dusty and grey from the primer and other crap I use... it really started making me sick!
So I dumped all the stuff I didn't want to throw away in a hot Oxy Clean/Vanish/whatever-brand-is-available bath, which made all my pots and containers encrusted in old paint come back to life as new. Then I got 5 metres of adhesive plastic, the kind that comes in different patterns (I chose a pink marble because it looked fantastic, but I doubt it will stay like that for very long) and covered the surfaces that I usually mess up. I suppose that it will be a little easier to clean now! ^^


On the shelf you can see 3 models I'm almost done with: Eiko/Erin, Elf Princess and Chii (Chii is done, I only need to correct the white line on her cuffs and attach the arms and bow), so hopefully I should be posting these up soon enough.

2 comments:

  1. I like the pink marble stone too :D
    It looks great right now Ila. I know that when my station is clean(er), I have more energy to work on kits too :D I hope its the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... at first I try to keep it clean but then I just give in.. my personality is messy, can't help it! LOL
    But this time I'll try to make my effort last longer! ^^

    ReplyDelete

<"color:#ff99ff;"><"font-family:trebuchet ms;">